Tithes And Offering
THE GREAT HOUSE CHRISTIAN CULTURAL CHURCH’S
SOURCE OF INCOME:
- Tithes – tithe, payment of a tenth part, “And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all. And if a man will at all redeem ought of his tithes, he shall add thereto the fifth part thereof. All the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree, And concerning the tithe of the herd, or of the flock, even of whatsoever passes under the rod, the tenth shall be holy unto the LORD.
When ye take of the children of Israel the tithes which I have given you from them for your inheritance, then ye shall offer up a heave offering of it for the LORD, even a tenth part of the tithe. Thou mayest not eat within thy gates the tithe of thy corn, or of thy wine, or of thy oil, or the firstlings of thy herds or of thy flock, nor any of thy vows which thou vowest, nor thy freewill offerings, or heave offering of thine hand.
And Abram said to the king of Sodom, I have lift up mine hand unto the LORD, the most high God, the possessor of heaven and earth, That I will not take from a thread even to a shoe latchet, and that I will not take anything that is thine, lest thou shouldest say, I have made Abram rich: Save only that which the young men have eaten, and the portion of the men which went with me, Aner, Eshcol, and Mamre; let them take their portion.
- lift up mine hand means to rise, rise up, be high, be lofty, be exalted; to be high, be set on high, to be raised, be uplifted, be exalted; to be lifted, rise; to raise or rear (children), cause to grow up; to lift up, raise, exalt; to exalt, extol; to be lifted up; to raise, lift, lift up, take up, set up, erect, exalt, set on high; to lift up (and take away), remove; to lift off and present, contribute, offer, contribute; to be taken off, be abolished; to exalt oneself, magnify oneself.
- To avoid or to put mine hand upon means -is to cause to be rotten, be wormy
Malachi 3: 11
And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts.
- But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day.
Power: strength, power, might, human strength, strength (of angels), power (of God), Strength (of animals), strength, produce, wealth (of soil)
To Get: to do, fashion, accomplish, make; to do, work, make, produce; to do; to work; to deal (with); to act, act with effect, effect; to make; to make; to produce; to prepare; to make (an offering); to attend to, put in order; to observe, celebrate, To acquire (property); to appoint, ordain, institute; to bring about; to use; to spend, pass; to be done; to be made; to be produced; to be offered; to be Observed; to be used; to be made; to press, squeeze
Wealth: strength, might, efficiency, wealth, army; strength; ability, efficiency, wealth, force, army
- And if the way be too long for thee, so that thou art not able to carry it; or if the place be too far from thee, which the LORD thy God shall choose to set his name there, when the LORD thy God hath blessed thee: Then shalt thou turn it into money, and bind up the money in thine hand, and shalt go unto the place which the LORD thy God shall choose: And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusted after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desired: and thou shalt eat there before the LORD thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household, And the Levite that is within thy gates; thou shalt not forsake him; for he hath no part nor inheritance with thee. At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates: And the Levite, (because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, shall come, and shall eat and be satisfied; that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou does.
- And as soon as the commandment came abroad, the children of Israel brought in abundance the firstfruits of corn, wine, and oil, and honey, and of all the increase of the field; and the tithe of all things brought they in abundantly. And concerning the children of Israel and Judah, that dwelt in the cities of Judah, they also brought in the tithe of oxen and sheep, and the tithe of holy things which were consecrated unto the LORD their God, and laid them by heaps. And that we should bring the firstfruits of our dough, and our offerings, and the fruit of all manner of trees, of wine and of oil, unto the priests, to the chambers of the house of our God; and the tithes of our ground unto the Levites, that the same Levites might have the tithes in all the cities of our tillage.
- And the priest the son of Aaron shall be with the Levites, when the Levites take tithes: and the Levites shall bring up the tithe of the tithes unto the house of our God, to the chambers, into the treasure house. Then brought all Judah the tithe of the corn and the new wine and the oil unto the treasuries. And at that time were some appointed over the chambers for the treasures, for the offerings, for the firstfruits, and for the tithes, to gather into them out of the fields of the cities the portions of the law for the priests and Levites: for Judah rejoiced for the priests and for the Levites that waited. And he had prepared for him a great chamber, where aforetime they laid the meat offerings, the frankincense, and the vessels, and the tithes of the corn, the new wine, and the oil, which was commanded to be given to the Levites, and the singers, and the porters; and the offerings of the priests.
- Come to Bethel, and transgress; at Gilgal multiply transgression; and bring your sacrifices every morning, and your tithes after three years: Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation. Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. I fast twice in the week; I give tithes of all that I possess. And as I may so say, Levi also, who receives tithes, paid tithes in Abraham